Supporting the Environment
Our promises are big, but our footprint is small.
We firmly believe that the earth, which takes such good care of us, deserves to be treated well in return. We pride ourselves in being good stewards of the environment and in doing everything we can—both as a company and as individuals—to support this beautiful planet on which we are privileged to live.
- We buy recycled content and recyclable packaging materials. In fact, all of our packaging is made with at least 25% post-consumer recycled content.
- We recycle all of our cardboard.
- We reuse and repurpose all materials when and where appropriate.
- All packaging, surplus pallets and drums that are not reused by our company are recycled to other companies.
We Save Energy.
- We utilize an underground warehouse and distribution center (adapted from an old mine) to store products and office equipment. Because a constant ambient temperature is maintained, no heating or cooling energies are necessary.
- We provide continuous employee training on how to conserve energy.
- Nearly 70% of our employees carpool, walk, bicycle, or take public transportation to work.
- Our main plant has the highest rating of insulation value.
- We continuously investigate the use of new and more energy-efficient lighting, implementing change whenever beneficial.
- We use local suppliers whenever possible in order to conserve gas and oil.
- We are currently exploring alternative energy sources, including solar, geothermal, and wind for our main plant.
We Respect the Earth.
- We use only cleaning and sanitizing materials/methods, as well as pest control materials/methods that meet the USDA National Organic Program requirements, and that are chemical free.
- We use no pesticides in our landscaping or grassy areas.