The Organic Benefit
They're Better For You
What goes on your skin ultimately gets absorbed into your system. That's why we believe that you shouldn't put anything on your body that you wouldn't put into your mouth, and for us that means food-grade, 100% USDA-certified organic ingredients and nothing more. That said, we are proud to have been the first company in the world to develop USDA-certified organic beauty products that are made with only nutrient-rich fruits, vegetables, and plant extracts.
No parabens. No phthalates. No sulfates, petrochemicals, synthetic dyes or silicones. No propylene glycol, mineral oils, synthetic dyes, triclosan, EDTA or aluminum. And absolutely no artificial fragrances or preservatives. Period.
They're Better for the Earth
Because our ingredients support organic agriculture and are sourced from organic farmers, you can rest assured that no pesticides or herbicides are being used, and that sound land stewardship is always taking place.
And They're Only the Beginning
Our commitment to the planet starts with our use of 100% organic ingredients, and continues throughout every facet of our business. All of our packaging is made with at least 25% post-consumer recycled content. All of our products are cruelty free and never tested on animals. Nearly all of our products are vegan (excluding those that contain beeswax), and our manufacturing facility uses as much renewable energy as possible, even going so far as to store all of our products in a local underground warehouse that uses the earth's natural ambient temperature and humidity to preserve and protect.
Supporting the Environment
Our promises are big, but our footprint is small.
We firmly believe that the earth, which takes such good care of us, deserves to be treated well in return. We pride ourselves in being good stewards of the environment and in doing everything we can—both as a company and as individuals—to support this beautiful planet on which we are privileged to live.
- We buy recycled content and recyclable packaging materials. In fact, all of our packaging is made with at least 25% post-consumer recycled content.
- We recycle all of our cardboard.
- We reuse and repurpose all materials when and where appropriate.
- All packaging, surplus pallets and drums that are not reused by our company are recycled to other companies.
We Save Energy
- We utilize an underground warehouse and distribution center (adapted from an old mine) to store products and office equipment. Because a constant ambient temperature is maintained, no heating or cooling energies are necessary.
- We provide continuous employee training on how to conserve energy.
- Nearly 70% of our employees carpool, walk, bicycle, or take public transportation to work.
- Our main plant has the highest rating of insulation value.
- We continuously investigate the use of new and more energy-efficient lighting, implementing change whenever beneficial.
- We use local suppliers whenever possible in order to conserve gas and oil.
- We are currently exploring alternative energy sources, including solar, geothermal, and wind for our main plant.
We Respect the Earth
- We use only cleaning and sanitizing materials/methods, as well as pest control materials/methods that meet the USDA National Organic Program requirements, and that are chemical free.
- We use no pesticides in our landscaping or grassy areas.
Did you know that the USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) organic seal and certification is THE gold standard in organic skincare? This is the only seal that ensures that skincare products are 95-100% organic, up to the standard of food rulings. That means our USDA-certified Nourish products are as pure and clean as the organic fruit you buy in your local supermarket. The USDA does not differentiate between food or beauty products when inspecting products, so any product bearing its seal (whether food or skincare) must be made of 95-100% ingredients that were organically farmed with no pesticides or herbicides. The remaining 5% of contents are drawn from a small, select number of gentle ingredients (such as purified water) that are not organically grown, but which pose no risk to your health or the environment.
The reason it is so important to look for the USDA seal on your beauty products is because the beauty industry is not regulated by the government or FDA. That means that companies can write “organic” or “natural” on their beauty or skincare products, even if only 5% of the ingredients are really natural or organic and the rest contain potentially harmful chemicals like parabens, phthalates, petrochemicals or EDTA. Without the USDA seal on your beauty product, no government agency is ensuring its safety and purity.